Healthcare in Turkey
The Structure of the Republic of Turkey contains the supply “Everybody has the suitable to social safety”. In this context, Turkey is a social state of law that provides high quality health services to all its citizens. Everyone can benefit from both public and private health services, and these affordable services are easily accessible.
The executives of the healthcare in Turkey are the Ministry of Health, university hospitals and the private sector. Many of the health centers in Turkey are accredited under international criteria, especially JCI , ISO and JCAHO.
There are more than 50 JCI accredited health institutions in Turkey. Most of these institutions are located in Istanbul, Bursa, Antalya, Izmir, Kocaeli and Adana. This is the highest number of accreditations any country has ever received. Some hospitals have partnerships with leading US medical institutions such as Harvard Medical School and Johns Hopkins Medicine.
Why is Private Health Services So Developed in Turkey?
To summarize briefly, the expertise and experience of Turkish doctors positively affect the quality of the services they provide. Depending on the system and population density, the number and diversity of cases is quite high compare to countries with similar living conditions. Also this situation enables doctors to gain experience by increasing the chance of on-the-job training.
Other reasons for the quality of private health services are:
- Quality health service above world standards
- Powerful healthcare technologies
- Advanced technology in treatment methods
- High bed and intensive care capacity
- Number of accredited health institutions and organizations
- Number of specialist physicians in different fields
- Competitive and advantageous prices
- Personalized treatment methods
- Advanced healthcare services that respond to the patient’s needs and ailments in a short time
- Foreign language speaking service personnel
- Complementary and alternative medicine possibilities in addition to traditional medicine methods
- Also luxury medical spa and wellness centers